Bhaktapur city, this private day tour we take you back to the ancient cultural and historical heritage sites in Bhaktapur city around 185 BC, the city inhabitant indigenous Newari people, Durbar Square, Dattatreya Temple, Palace of 55 windows, Golden Gate, the Lion Gate and more attraction spots by professional license holder tour guide. It is fit for those visitors that have limited time in Nepal however, want to discover Nepalese lifestyle, culture, tradition and ancient facts. Bhaktapur private day tour will be perfect, who come to Nepal for a few days’ trade purposes or weekend. The tour also would be better for those visitors who have few day’s unused time after or before their prime holiday: cancel of flight because of bad weather, technical problems and so on.
Bhaktapur is known as “City of Devotees” as well as Bhad Guan. This beautiful medieval city is the most conserved of the three medieval cities of Kathmandu valley. The main attraction of the Bhaktapur Durbar Square is the famous Swarna Dwar or Golden Gate, the Lion Gate, Peacock window, Dattatreya temple, Palace of 55 Windows and other many architectural showpieces. It is a living museum of arts and architecture. Each and every piece of art speaks of the city’s history. The landmarks of Bhaktapur are the famous five- storied temple or five- tiered Nyatapola, built in 1702 at Taumadhi Square. The Pagoda Nyatapole, it is the best and tallest example of pagodas. There are many courtyards inside the palace, but they are closed to the public.
This tour also provides you an ancient history of the medieval kingdom, masterpieces of Nepalese art and architecture and many other exciting places. Nepal Glacier Treks organizes this wonderful tour to offer a glimpse of an ancient culture and history as well as Nepalese arts.
Day 01: Sightseeing tour at Bhaktapur Durbar Square, including major famous places and ancient old culture and history of Nepal.
- Hotel pickup and drop by private tourist vehicle.
- Private tourist vehicle for the tour
- An experienced licensed holder city tour guide.
- All necessary entrance and monuments fees.
- All government vat and tax.
- All official expenses.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Your travel insurance (Compulsory)
- International flight from and to Kathmandu and departure tax
- Any personal expenses (bar bills, drinks and other)
- Nepal entry visa fees, US$25 for 15 days, US$40 for 30 days and US$100 for 90 days
- Tip for guide and driver (Tip is axcepted)
- Any others expenses which are not keeped on 'Price Includes' sector above.
Are you planning to holiday in Nepal? We suggested you to packing and arranging while you are at home. These little things are very important for travel in Nepal. Please note down these list details before leaving your hometown, this little tips will help you to make your Nepal journey enjoyable and lifetime memory.
- You are suggested to make sure that your travel insurance, three copies of passport size photos and passport is valid for at least six months before leaving your hometown.
- Before traveling, consult about visa processing.
- Ensure two ways international flight tickets.
- Do travel insurance; this is very important for travelers which will cover all emergency evacuation and external medical cost.
- Before leaving your hometown, please inform your family and friends about trip and country.
- Make sure and guess what your estimate travel budget then chose right and suitable destination.
- Before traveling any country, read travel advice, buy guide book and study general information like, geography, culture, people, festival, religion, and weather, custom, political, rule and regulation)
- Before leaving home and preparing, note down travel check list.
- In the travelling period, make copies of your important documents as a support in case you lose the originals.
- Keep the bank and home’s number if you have a problem can call them to emergency. Call your bank for credit and debit- card to let them know about fees and your travel destination.
- Visit the doctor before traveling for your health report and take medicine and vaccine hence.
- As soon as possible make reservations with advance payment, for accommodation, trip and local guides.
- Better to learn and know some local and national language while travelling any country.
- Always remember and follow to local laws, it is your responsibility.
- Be aware to local culture, traditions and practices as your activities may be seen as unacceptable, unfriendly or also unlawful.
- Take off your shoes before entering someone’s house, temple, stupa or monasteries and somebody’s kitchen especially in remote areas.
- You may not be permitted entry to the very old and inner sanctuaries Stupas and temples.
- Ensure do not drink from other person’s glass or bottle and do not eat from other person’s plate. It is considered impure by Nepalese people.
- Never touch anything with your foot. It is considered the much impure part of the body among Nepalese people.
- In village areas, especially rural areas avoid skimpy outfits. Women should especially avoid dressing in skimpy outfits while travelling. You should cover your legs and shoulders.
- Avoid bathing in public and never spit around stupa and temple site.
- Some Hindu temple is fully prohibited for some western to enter. First of all take a permission before entering Hindu temple.
- Take photographs only after getting permission for the person or object being photographed.
- Avoid touching offerings or person when they are on the way to spiritual stupas.
- You should not to touch offering or people when they are on the way to spiritual site.
- It is make sure that never step over anyone body/ legs/ feet, when someone want to go and pass, you must pull own your legs.
- You can’t export any antiques without taking special permitted and corticated from the department of archeology, if export stuffs over hundred years old such as sacred image, painting, manuscripts that are valuable for cultural and spiritual reasons will be illegal.
Some Nepali Words:
- Nepali English
- Namaste Nepali form of greeting
- Swagatam Welcome
- Dhanyabad Thank you
- Sundar Beautiful
- Ramro Nice
- Mitho Tasty
- Fheri Bhetaula See You Again
- Shubha Prabhat Good Morning
- Shubha Din Good Afternoon
- Shubha Ratri Good Night
- Chiya Tea
- Khaja Breakfast
- Dal- Bhat Rice and Lentil
- Topi Cap
- Himal Mountain
- Khola/ Nadi River
- Pokhari Lake/ pond
- Jungle Forest/ Jungle
You are suggested to make sure that your travel insurance, three copies of passport size photos and passport is valid for at least six months before leaving your hometown. We request you, please book your trip as early as possible because if you gives us enough preparation time for your trip. It means your trip will be managed well and you will get full satisfaction from our services. And please ensure that you have got confirmation receipt from our company about your booking. If you need any special services and facilities that are not included in the listed itinerary, ensure that you have informed us about it at the time of booking. Would you want to book any other programs which are not listed in this website as tailor made package let us know by email; we will design it as per your travel need. Not really satisfied from this itinerary, you can make own and we will help you to make itinerary as per your travel need in Nepal.
This little information is a standard outline and guide of what we provide. This trip can be customized at your demand to accommodation your exact requirements.
NOTE: During the trip, weather, transport, local politics situation, strikes and numerous of other issues that are outside our control could result in change of itinerary. It is, but, very unlikely that the itinerary would be significantly different; if different itinerary are necessary the trek/ tour leader will resolve what is the best others. We discuss and observing the best interest of whole group. We can do everything to minimize its results, but we could not be responsible for the effects of delay and changes.